What is ‘Eco-Schools’?
Eco-Schools is a global programme engaging millions of children across 67 countries, making it the largest educational programme in the world. Eco-Schools has been empowering children to drive change and improve their environmental awareness.
Shoreditch Park Primary School is a Silver Award school. This means that we;
- monitor our actions as a school and evaluate progress,
- Involve our whole school and wider community,
- And link the environment to our curriculum.
“Article 29 (goals of education): Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full. It must encourage the child’s respect for human rights, as well as respect for their parents, their own and other cultures, and the environment.” - UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
Green Team Job Description
Role and Responsibilities:
- To be an excellent role model for other pupils.
- Contribute and share ideas and thinking at meetings.
- To learn and teach others about sustainable development and global citizenship.
- To help complete actions that improve our local community.
Our Green Team is made up of children from years 2-6, one child from each class.
Check out this section of the website to find out the latest things Green Team are up to!