This week Reception and Nursery are celebrating Black History Month. Throughout the school, year groups have chosen an influential Black Britain to celebrate. In Reception and Nursery we have been learning about (and celebrating the successes of) Black, British Olympian Mo Farah.
The children have learnt that Mo Farah moved from Somalia to Britain as a refugee before becoming one of the world's most celebrated Athletes.They have looked at, and discussed similarities and differences between life in Somalia and Britain.
The children have been really engaged in this week's activities including:
- Taking part in a mini Olympics outside
- Painting Somalian and British flags
- Exploring Somalian animals through small world play
- Creating medals and trophies with collage materials
- Printing the Olympic rings with paint