At Shoreditch Park Primary School we strive to ensure that all of our pupils are able to communicate confidently and effectively. We recognise the vital role that Speech and Language Therapists play in supporting children who have difficulties with language and communication. We have three speech and language therapists who work in school on a weekly basis.
Working days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays
Focus: Launchpad for Language, EYFS, Years 1 to 3.
Working days: Wednesdays
Focus: Years 4 to 6
Working days: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Focus: Autism Resource Provision (ARP)
Our speech and language therapists support pupils with a number of different needs, including:
- specific language impairment
- specific difficulties in producing sounds
- social interaction difficulties
- selective mutism
- swallowing difficulties
Take a look at some of the SaLT interventions that are running this year. These are reviewed throughout the year, based on pupil needs.
SaLT Parent Workshops
The SaLT team plan to run the following workshops this year.
- Zones of Emotional Regulation- Wednesday 22nd September, 9-10.30am (led by Amelia Hutchon, Speech and Language Therapist)
- Supporting my child with language difficulties - 19th January 2022, 9-10am (led by Melody Platford, Speech and Language Therapist)
- SaLT drop in- support with routines and implementing SaLT recommendations at home- 2nd March, 9-10am (led Rebecca Steele, Speech and Language Therapist)
- Supporting your Year 6 child with their secondary transition – 8th June 9 -10.30am