Welcome to Reception Donaldson and Browne Class. On this page you will find information about how we organise teaching and learning our reception classes at Shoreditch Park and see highlights, through photos and videos, of the things we have done.
Class organisation in Reception
We have two Reception classes at Shoreditch Park each with a maximum of 30 children in each class. We currently have a few places available in our Reception so if you would like a place or would like to visit the school and see our outstanding Foundation Stage provision we hold open mornings every Wednesday at 9.15am. Please contact the school office to arrange your visit.
Reception Staff Team
Meet our Reception team:
Ms Freeth (Assistant Head Teacher) - EYFS Leader and Browne Class Teacher
Ms Moore - Donaldson Class Teacher
Ms Harley - Donaldson Class Nursery Education Officer
Ms Osman - HLTA
Miss Dirie - LSA
Ms Oskan - Nursery Nurse
Links with Parents and Carers
All parents and carers are welcome to join us at our weekly drop-in sessions. We hold 'Share a Story' sessions every Wednesday and 'Pencil Skills' sessions every Thursday. Both these session are held from 8.45am - 9.10am.
Weekly Timetable and Teaching in the Reception
In the Early Years Foundation Stage children learn best when they experience learning first hand, through meaningful interactions with others, through physical activity and through play. The Early Years curriculum emphasises three prime areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional
- Communication and Language
The curriculum breaks down into four further areas of learning:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Teaching in Reception is organised through a range of approaches and provides a balance of child initiated and adult-led activities:
- Planned focused activities where adults work with a small group of children at a time. Teachers will differentiate the activity to meet the needs of every child participating.
- Small group teaching of early reading and writing through a phonics based programme called Read Write Inc. Phonics
- Whole class teaching for short periods of time such as shared storytime, direct teaching (for example of maths), songs and rhymes, discussions and sharing work.
- Opportunities for teachers to work alongside children as they develop their own interests in particular areas of the curriculum.
Latest Reception News & Letters
Happy Holidays Reception! To link with our new Summer 1 term topic, Adventure and Explorers, please can you create something that tells the story of an adventure - either something that you did in the holidays, or from your imagination!